- Call times for the Fall 2022 concerts have been announced! Check below for details.
- Click here for Fall 22 music! Check the newsletter in your email inbox from 9/23 for the password.
- Click here for Conductor’s Messages
In-person rehearsals follow WA State DOH guidelines for schools. We are watching evolving School District and State COVID guidelines and will make changes accordingly. Click here for complete BYSO COVID Policy and Procedures.
BYSO FALL QUARTER 2022
CONCERT DETAILS FOR SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20 AT 7:30 PM
CALL TIME | 6:15 PM
All musicians should arrive promptly 6:15 pm. Please account for possible traffic delays. NOTE: call times for the Youth Chamber Ensembles are as follows:
- Youth Symphony Wind Quintet | 6:00 pm
This season’s Fall concert is at the famed Bastyr University Chapel (14500 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, WA 98028). Parking is free in the nearby parking lot.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS AS OF 10/31/2022
As per our COVID-19 Policy, BYSO will be adhering to COVID safety mandates dictated by Bastyr, which is as follows:
- Students and volunteers wear masks backstage and in the greenroom.
- Musicians on stage may choose to remove their mask during the performance, but must put their mask on back stage and in the audience.
- All audience members are required to wear a mask at all times when in the audience.
If this policy changes, we will notify musicians and families immediately.
Be sure to check your ensemble’s concert attire requirements. Students must arrive wearing their concert clothing. They will not have a place to change later.
CONCERT DAY CHECK LIST
- Your instrument
- Your music
- A pencil
- A water bottle for the greenroom
- Do not bring a stand
VOLUNTEERS – WE NEED YOU!
Volunteers will be a vital part of a successful day at Bastyr for all of our students. We need volunteers to help with the check in process and with supporting ensembles during their dress rehearsals. You will be able to get to know the students, see their dress rehearsal process, see the incredible Bastyr University Chapel from a musician’s perspective, and reserve your seat in the hall early! Click here to sign up now!
FALL QUARTER 2022 DETAILS
|Rehearsals||Fall Quarter Dates|
|Mondays from 6:15 – 8:45 pm||September 26 – November 14, 2022|
|Rehearsal Location||Drop Off/ Pick Up|
|Bellevue Children’s Academy||Please plan on prompt drop off and pick up to|
|14640 NE 24th St||avoid congestion, as the parking lot is small. No|
|Bellevue, WA 98007||idling or parking in front of the entrance.|
|Fall Retreat||Saturday, October 8 | 11:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Location||Drop Off/Pick Up|
|Odle Middle School||Parking lot and street parking are available. Plan|
|502 143rd Ave NE||on prompt drop off and pick up to avoid|
|Bellevue, WA 98007||congestion.|
|Fall Concert | Masterworks||Sunday, November 20 at 7:30 pm|
|Bastyr Chapel||Check for details below.|
|14500 Juanita Dr NE||Parking is free at the venue.|
|Kenmore, WA 98028|
- Bring a music stand
- Bring a pencil
- Print your sheet music prior to first rehearsal (using link at top of this page) and bring with you to rehearsal
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of rehearsal to ensure you are in your chair and ready to play at the start of rehearsal
- Have fun!
For a full list of BYSO’s 22-23 Season dates, including Winter and Spring rehearsals and concerts, visit our calendar.
Youth Symphony is the most advanced ensemble in the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra organization. The typical student in Youth Symphony has had significant private instruction as well as school and extra-curricular ensemble experience. Youth Symphony members must have a high degree of technical proficiency and must enjoy challenge.
Youth Symphony provides a chance for advanced students to tackle the works of the great masters as well as new music composed especially for them. Past works performed include Sibelius’s Symphony No. 2, Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, and Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique.