Welcome Small Ensembles!
Some helpful tools as you work from home:
Information for Debut Strings Blue & Orange – Spring Quarter
Music for all parts:
Violin I – p. 2,3
Violin II – p. 9, 10
Viola – p. 15, 16
Cello – p. 19, 20
*UPDATED* Backing Tracks
Violin I: https://youtu.be/L8A-nCL0Rw0
Violin II: https://youtu.be/6rbXIPsieMc
Listen to This
How to frame:
- Shoot horizontally (If you are not sure what that means, please watch this short video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8wybghU_E
- Face the camera, make sure your instrument is in the shot as well as your face.
- Clear the background (Good excuse to clean your room!)
What to wear:
- Dress in nice black attire (All black blouse, nice shirt or dress for girls; nice black shirts for boys, no T-shirts with logos.)
What you will need:
- Two devices – One to record, the other one to play the backing track
How To Record:
- Prepare your recording device so it’s ready to record.
- Prepare the second device to play the backing track.
- Put on your headphones connected to the device that will play the backing track.
- Press the record button.
- Play the backing track (listen for the two beats of 4 counts in the beginning,) come in right after.
- Play with the backing track.
- Right after you finish, don’t move too quickly to sop the recording. Stay still for 5 seconds. (This will make editing a lot easier)
- Final recording is due on May 17th
Submit Your Video