Welcome to our last week of BYSO for this year. You all have been such troopers and I hope you have had fun with our “Pop-Cycle” this spring!
Everyone who submitted their practice recordings should have received 2 emails from me on Wednesday, with suggestions for your continued practice. (One email was sent to everyone; the 2nd email was more individualized.) Please let me know if you have any questions.
There is a new recording in Dropbox for Take on Me that you can use to practice with – check it out! And here’s a version a few of my friends made – have a listen – some great playing (and video work!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTJMBarbDY
Thanks for all your hard work and great effort!
Here are the links to make the FINAL RECORDINGS – due by 10 pm this Saturday.
- Wear concert black – with fun accessories to go with the music.
- Label your recording in Upbeat correctly – with the exact part name you are recording Flute 3 / Alto / Knee slaps / etc. ;
- Warm up, then tune carefully before you begin to record
- Please print out the music (and not play from a computer screen) – and stand at least 2 feet away from your microphone when you record, so we don’t hear distortion. Let your family know you are recording to limit background noise/interruptions:
- Center yourself in the screen – so we can always see all of your face/flute/hands and-or body percussion;
- Freeze and SMILE at the end, before you turn off the recording; and
- Listen to your recording before submitting – make sure it is aligned correctly, and that it sounds good!
Also, please remember – you can play additional parts, if you didn’t get the part assigned that you wanted. 🙂
- Take on Me (A-ha) – please listen to the YouTube recording above first, so you know the style we’re trying to accomplish – AND Record this piece 2 times. Once with only the drum track: https://play.upbeatmusicapp.com/perform/record?id=3A3E626F30E4EBE7 AND the other with the drums plus flutes: https://play.upbeatmusicapp.com/perform/record?id=04635E52530C06C4
- A Million Dreams (Greatest Showman) – don’t forget to slow down at the very end – https://play.upbeatmusicapp.com/perform/record?id=6323EB52A98B6035
- Happy (again, you’ll need to make more than one recording, to do the body percussion parts, too – make sure we can see your hands/knees/feet 🙂 ) – https://play.upbeatmusicapp.com/perform/record?id=B848A92482BAEE12
- Under the Sea – https://play.upbeatmusicapp.com/perform/record?id=9F2EA3006EE9D1AD
*** If you did an individual project – fantastic! Please send it to me by Sunday 🙂 Thanks!
JOIN THE GLOBAL EFFORT to record a piece and honor a composer! Some of us learned this tune last term (Rose Cottage from Gaelic Offering by Catherine McMichael) – so make up Upbeat recording and join in the fun! Did you know that 2021 is the 25th anniversary of the publication of Catherine McMichael’s wonderful flute quartet, A Gaelic Offering? To celebrate, ALRY Publications is putting together a video tribute to present to Catherine on June 12th as part of the Southeast Michigan Flute Association Flute Ensemble Festival. – it’s supposed to be a secret and a surprise to her! 🙂
And visit Flute Loops – great flutists doing very fun things! Sheet Music1 — 2 Flute Loops
St Patrick’s Day 2021 — Wm. S. Haynes Co. Watch this video – and play this beautiful piece! (maybe you want to do this for your independent project 🙂 ) Print out the music and play along with the materials they have. Lovely!
Wishing you happy and healthy!