Hello Flutists and Families!
Wow – composition #1 was fantastic! Check it out:
To prepare for each rehearsal, you should:
- Practice our assigned music (Carmen/Slumber/Fantasie) – all in the Dropbox Folder (for now, pick one or 2 hard spots to practice each day.) Part assignments have been emailed.
- Do the assigned listening and take notes (as described in the recent email); These are the pieces to listen to for the week of October 26th:
- https://youtu.be/_iXpJ3YZTLE – Amy Porter
- https://youtu.be/3kMXpKmQK10 – Denis Bouriakov
- Your choice
- Please also email your answers to the following prompts:
- How do the 3 different performers interpret the piece?
- Compare and Contrast each flutist’s interpretation. What do you like (or don’t like) – and WHY??
- What was the 3rd performance you chose to listen to? (Include link to recording.)
Please Practice with the audio practice tracks in our Dropbox folder for Carmen (1st 2 mvts) and Slumber and be prepared to play along with them – as a solo leader during our Monday rehearsals. (Remember to download and save the audio files – see last week’s email.)
If you’re going to be a soloist for the Hue Fantasie – please continue working with your private instructor on the music.
Otherwise, everyone should begin working on the Hue accompaniment parts. They’ll be tricky to learn on your own – So Please COUNT carefully! 🙂 I’ll have a practice track ready to go later this week.
You’ve been sent links to “Upbeat Perform” – so please record the 1st 2 movements of the Bizet and Slumber this weekend! The sooner the better, so we can see how the technology works. THANK YOU! I can’t wait to hear you play all together!
Many thanks! And best wishes for a wonderful Autumn! Wishing you happy and healthy!