Musicians are expected to attend all of their rehearsals and retreats. However, we understand that some conflicts are truly unavoidable. If you will be unable to attend all or part of a scheduled activity, please notify your conductor using our online form.
For every rehearsal, remember to:
- Arrive 15 minutes early so that you are ready to start on time.
- Remind your parents to pick you up promptly afterwards.
- Be prepared for rehearsal and understand the expectations. See the BYSO Member Handbook for what this means.
- Check your ensemble page for a weekly rehearsal message from your conductor.
Rehearsals are held at the following times and locations.
- Cadet: Mondays, 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm at Sherwood Forest Elementary School.
- Debut: Mondays, 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm at Sherwood Forest Elementary School.
- Premiere: Mondays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Sammamish High School.
- Sinfonia: Mondays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Odle Middle School.
- Philharmonia: Mondays, 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm at Stevenson Elementary School.
- Youth Symphony: Mondays, 6:15 pm – 8:45 pm at Interlake High School.
- Flute Choir: Mondays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Interlake High School.
- Flute Orchestra: Mondays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Interlake High School.
- Percussion Ensemble: Mondays, 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm at Newport High School (when rehearsing with Youth Symphony, go to Interlake High School; when rehearsing with Philharmonia, go to Stevenson Elementary School)
BYSO follows the Bellevue School District calendar for holiday, mid-winter, and spring breaks. If you have BYSO rehearsal scheduled on a day that your school is on a break, you are still expected to attend. All rehearsal dates are posted on the calendar. Cancellations of rehearsals will be posted on the website as an announcement in our announcement listing.
Retreats are special events that occur twice a year, at the beginning of the fall and winter cycles, combining fun and bonding with intensive sectional work, full rehearsals, and seating auditions for some ensembles.
Retreats are held on Saturdays and may involve most of the day, so please mark your calendars early. BYSO student retreats are not optional extras, they are essential elements in your BYSO education. Your attendance is expected, and you will miss important things, such as seating auditions, if you are not there.