Several interns are needed for BYSO’s Summer Strings and Summer Symphony day camp programs. All positions report to the Camp Directors. See camp descriptions at www.byso.org/summer.
Positions are available for:
- Summer Strings, July 11–15
- Summer Symphony, July 18–22
- Office Interns, July 6–22
- Maintain a neat and safe environment, setting up classrooms and cleaning up at end of day
- Serve snacks and clean up after snack and lunch
- Model, monitor and reinforce appropriate camp behavior
- Assist instructors in sectionals and electives as called upon; play in orchestra as needed
- Assist with registration and daily check-in/check-out of campers
- Participate in and supervise organized activities during free time
- Assist Camp Director to provide after-care if assigned
- Set up and move equipment as assigned
- Office: prepare materials for camps and other duties as assigned
- Musical competence and confidence to assist in sectionals and orchestra
- A positive “can-do” attitude and outgoing personality
- Experienced and comfortable with children and their parents; work well in a team environment
- Ability to analyze situations and take steps to handle according to established BYSO policies and procedures.
- Ability to work tactfully and courteously with the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to arrive for work promptly and reliably with a neat and appropriate appearance.
Hours: All interns must attend an orientation + moving equipment day, tentatively scheduled for July 8.
Summer Strings – Duties begin on July 11 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. On Friday, duties will be from 8:00 a.m. until finished, approximately 4:30 pm..
Summer Symphony – Duties begin on July 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. On Friday, duties will be from 8:00 a.m. until finished, approximately 5:00 pm.
Office – Hours will vary, depending upon requirements. Activities may begin as early as July 2, for 2-4 hours per day.
If you are 13 years old on your first day as a BYSO camp intern, you may work for community service hours only. If you are 14 or older on your first day, you may choose to work for community service hours or for pay, or for a 50-50 split of paid and service hours. Pay rates are as follows:
- If you are age 14 or 15 on your first day and have not been a BYSO intern before: $11.00/hr. stipend
- If you are age 14 or 15 on your first day and have been a BYSO intern before: $12.00/hr. stipend
- If you are age 16 or older on your first day: $14.00/hr stipend
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest!