The novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the news causes a respiratory disease like the flu or a cold, which is generally mild for most people. There have now been cases in King County, and health officials urge everyone to take sensible measures against getting ill.
At this time, there is no indication that BYSO should cancel any upcoming events. If it happens that the Bellevue School District closes its facilities, BYSO’s activities will be cancelled, as is our customer for weather or other issues.
The same simple steps that prevent the spread of ordinary flu viruses work against 2019-nCoV and other illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based (60-90%) hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand). Then throw tissue away and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Keep students home if temperature is above 100.0 F (38.7 C) or they report not feeling well, appear weak or ill
The national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all travelers from China arriving in the United States after February 2, 2020 at 2 p.m. stay at home, away from others, and monitor their health for 14 days.
Local, State, and National authorities are continually updating information on their websites, and most have translations available in many languages: