BYSO COVID-19 Policy
In response and respect to the amended COVID safety guidelines that went in to effect in Washington State, King County, and local school districts on March 12th, 2022, Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra (BYSO) has adjusted its COVID policy. Please check for updates to the guidelines as the contents may change.
Beginning with our Spring Quarter on March 28, 2022 BYSO began adhering to these recommendations:
Rehearsals and Concerts
- We will be adhering to state, local and school district guidelines.
- In facilities we rent, we will be adhering to the COVID safety mandates dictated by the property.
- For fall quarter rehearsals, masking and social distancing will be optional for all students and musical staff.
- For our fall concert at Bastyr University, masks will be required for all audience members and proof of vaccination/negative COVID test will be required for all audience remembers and student musicians 12 years of age and older. Student musicians will be permitted to remove their masks while onstage during their ensemble’s performance.
- For our winter and springs concerts at the Meydenbauer Center Theatre, masks will be optional and proof of vaccination/negative COVID test will not be required.
- Although masks are not required for all rehearsals or performances, they are strongly recommended.
BYSO is committed to creating and supporting a culture of acceptance, where individual choices will be respected, while we work together to ensure a safe environment for all.
Thank you for your continued patience as we collectively navigate this next stage of COVID safety. We anticipate that current guidelines in place may shift in the coming months and we will do our best to remain nimble during our 2022/23 season. For more information on the current state guidelines, please read this GUIDELINE DOCUMENT published by the Washington State Department of Health.