Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra (BYSO) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Bellevue, Washington, established to provide a unique and stimulating musical environment for Eastside youth seeking to advance their potential beyond traditional in-school programs. Now with six large orchestras and three smaller instrumental ensembles, BYSO has been serving students in elementary through high school since 1964. BYSO is a thriving, fiscally stable organization with a dedicated Board poised to further its Mission:
To enhance the lives of student musicians by providing dynamic musical experiences, fostering collaboration, confidence, and personal responsibility through the pursuit of artistic excellence.
BYSO focuses intensively on each student’s musicianship with a commitment to guide and support the whole person and uniquely complements and builds upon both school music programs and private instruction. BYSO is poised to grow from a local youth orchestra organization into a recognized, regional leader in youth orchestra. BYSO is a forward- looking organization, innovating and evaluating its organizational structure and infrastructure investments to broaden its reach and impact in the community while maintaining, at its core, a program focused upon expanding the capabilities of its student musicians. It is an exciting time of change at BYSO!
Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra seeks a dynamic and creative teammate for the newly created Advancement Manager position. The Advancement Manager tells the story of BYSO from a development and marketing perspective and collaborates with the Executive Director to bolster the earned and contributed income efforts of the organization. This role is responsible for the planning of and execution for successful marketing and development activities to advance BYSO’s mission and find new ways to deepen relationships with our donors and broader community.
This is a full-time staff position. The Advancement Manager is expected to attend evening and weekend events related to BYSO activities.
- Create and collaborate with executive director for annual revenue budget to develop strategies to reach earned and contributed revenue goals.
- Oversee Annual Fund campaigns, including the creation and delivery of donor benefits.
- Develop and oversee cultivation and stewardship of Donors.
- Lead annual marketing plans to maximize opportunities for visibility throughout the Eastside Community, Greater Seattle Area and nationally.
- Work with the executive director to create and implement annual marketing plans to maximize opportunities for earned and contributed revenue.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Music Director and Operations Manager on Annual Fundraiser.
- Create materials and messaging for donors.
- Create materials and messaging for organizational and programmatic marketing.
- Create materials supporting concerts and special events.
- Work with grant writer to identify and receive government and foundation support.
- Create and implement strategies to improve donor and student enrollment retention.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Publicity and Media Relations: Elevate the profile of BYSO in the media and the public at large to promote the mission and vision of the organization.
- Advertising and Publications: Oversee budget and placement for print and electronic advertising in other publications.
- Website and Electronic Media: Manage and Update Website and social media accounts for the organization
- Attend All Scheduled Concerts (approx. 3 weekends per year)
- Attend Monday evening rehearsals as needed.
- Attend Weekend retreats as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in development and/or marketing and communications.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, customer relationship management software (Salesforce), Email Management Software (MailChimp), website design (WordPress), Adobe Creative Suite, and social media sources (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) desired.
- Commitment to Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra’s mission and values.
- A love and appreciation of classical music and music education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in both written and oral format, and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Commitment to working as a member of a team.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $54,000 – $59,000 DOE
- Position is full-time exempt
- Health and vision insurance (BYSO pays 85% of employee’s premium)
- Vacation (accrued – 3 weeks per year)
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Sick leave
Please submit resume or CV and a cover letter including a personal statement expressing how the Mission of BYSO aligns with your personal and professional goals.
Please email the above and three professional references to email@example.com, inquiries welcome.